Instructions for Completing the Belize Passport Application
- THIS FORM SHOULD BE CLEARLY WRITTEN IN PRINT WITH BLACK OR BLUE INK.
- SECTIONS 1 AND 4 OF THIS FORM MUST BE COMPLETED BY ALL APPLICANTS.
- SECTIONS 2, 3 AND 5 MUST BE COMPLETED BY THOSE TO WHOM THEY APPLY.
- THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IS ENGLISH AND ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED MUST EITHER BE IN ENGLISH OR BE ACCOMPANIED BY A CERTIFIED ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF THAT DOCUMENT.
Authentication of Application
The application form must be authenticated and sponsored in section 6 by a member of the House of Representatives, Permanent Secretary, Justice of Peace, Minister of Religion, Medical or Legal Practitioner, Notary Public, or Head of any Department of the Government of Belize.
In the case of a person applying abroad at a Belizean Embassy, High Commission, Consulate or Consular Agency, authentication must be by a registered Medical or Legal Practitioner, Notary Public, or Registered Minister of Religion.
Two same copies of a recent (within three months) photograph must be submitted with the application form.
These photographs must be taken front face without covering of the head, hairline or ears.
The size of the photographs must not be more than (2 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches or less than 2 by 1 1/2 inches). They must be printed on normal thin photographic paper and must not be glazed on the reverse side. As with the form, the recommender is required to endorse the reverse side of one of the photos with the words, “I certify that this is a true likeness of the applicant (Mr., Mrs., Miss)……………” and add his signature.
Documents to be Produced
If the applicant is:
- a Belizean by birth (born in Belize)
– birth certificate from the registrar general’s office or previous passport
- a Belizean by descent (born outside Belize to Belizean parent(s)
– (i) birth certificate from native country and
– (ii) his / her naturalization by descent document or other evidence of Belizean Nationality
- a Belizean Registration (born outside Belize but has become a citizen)- (i) native birth certificate or passport
– (ii) his / her Belize nationality certificate
- a married woman
– marriage certificate
- a divorced woman wishing to revert to her maiden name
– divorce certificate
A change of name other than by marriage must be substantiated by the production of documents showing that a bona-fide change has been made for all purposes.
Lost / Stolen / Damaged
Shipping and Handling $10.00 USD
Additional Overnight Mail Charge: $20.00 USD – US Postal Service or $25.00 USD FEDEX
All fees are payable on Money Order or Bank Draft made out to the Consulate of Belize.
Personal checks are not acceptable.
What To Do With Your Completed Application
The completed application, with all the necessary documents, photographs, and fees must be presented personally or with a properly certified note of authority at the Consulate, Embassy, or the Immigration and passport Office, Belize City.
Passport applications are normally processed within three (3) weeks.
For lost or stolen passports, application is processed in three (3) months.